Making more money is nice, whether you do it through getting more mystery shopper jobs or higher-paying assignments. However, it is possible to be more profitable without earning any more money.
How? Well, as a CPA friend of mine says, “It’s not how much you make, it’s how much you keep.” Here are some suggestions to help you keep more of what you make as a secret shopper.
Maximize tax deductions. You can deduct reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in the process of running your business. These may include:
- Computer and Internet expenses;
- Office supplies (including paper, ink, toner, etc.);
- Cell phone service;
- Mileage or automobile expenses;
- Training and education;
- Voice recorders, digital cameras and other technology;
- Batteries and supplies for technology;
- A home office; and
- Other costs.